If you’re new to the area, choosing a church in Torrington is one of the biggest decisions you’ll make as you transition to your new home. We don’t take it lightly and we’re sure you don’t either.
Here are a few questions to help you make your decision. And no matter what church in Torrington you choose to attend, we’d be honored to meet you and pray for you during this time.
1. What does the church believe and teach?
2. Do the people reflect those beliefs?
3. Is God glorified in the service?
Once you have the answers to those questions, then you can look into things such as what’s available for your kids or if the Bible Study times are convenient. But we encourage you to consider the most important things first.
Here are some excellent articles to help you consider which church in Torrington you want to call home.
Want to learn more about Bethel Baptist Church in Torrington? Here’s a little bit about us.
Hi, Friend! We’re so glad you’ve found us. If you’re new to Goshen County or looking for a church to call home, we’d like to take a minute to introduce Bethel Baptist Church to you.
Who We Are:
- We worship the God of the Bible. That means we take time to know Him accurately and to love Him fully. That’s why every week at Bethel you’ll hear expository preaching: we’ll go verse-by-verse, unpacking the Truth of the Scriptures in context.
- We are committed to one another. At Bethel, we pray for one another, care for one another, and fellowship together. We believe the church is a body and we are better when we work together.
- We love our pastor…even though he is originally from California. Pastor Daniel was trained at The Master’s College (BA in Bible Exposition) and The Master’s Seminary (MDiv). He faithfully shepherds us through teaching the Word of God faithfully, protecting us from false teachings, and praying for us. He brought his wife and 3 children to Bethel (and Wyoming!) in fall of 2014.
- We value children. That’s why they join us in the main service each Sunday. We believe that children and parents and grandparents can and should worship alongside each other. It also means we welcome their noises as their parents faithfully instruct and correct them. We do have a nursery for kids under 3, and Sunday School for the little guys too.
- We prioritize learning together through 3 opportunities every Sunday to hear God’s Word: Sunday School, Worship Service, and Sunday Evenings, plus Bible Studies during the week.
- We love our community. Our members have unique ways of serving Goshen County. We thank God for our community and desire that Bethel would be a light in our town.
- We invite you to join us. There’s so much more to tell you! Come join us on Sunday mornings at 10:45 AM (or for Sunday School at 9:30).
Need more information?
If you’re considering changing churches, we invite you to read this article first.
If you’d like more information, click here for contact information.